Seeded & Elite Athletes
Half Marathon Prize Money Distribution:
All prize money awards are based on gun times.
Bonus of $1,000 for athletes that break the half marathon course record.
|Open Course Records|
||1:01:59||Nelson Oyugi (KEN) – 2013|
||1:10:27||Belainesh Gebre (ETH) – 2010|
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens must furnish their Social Security Number or 31% of their prize money must be withheld. Nonresident Aliens must have 30% of prize money withheld unless their country has a tax treaty with the United States. Non-California residents will have California State withholding tax withheld for payments over $1,500.
To be eligible for elite entry or prize money, an athlete must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension for use of a banned substance
- Have never served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who ever served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
Athletes who participate in this competition are subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USA Track and Field and IAAF Rule 55. Athletes found positive for banned substances, or who refuse the test will be disqualified from this event and will be ineligible for future competitions. Some prescription and over-the-counter medications contain banned substances. Call the USO Drug Hotline at 800/233-0393 for information regarding drugs and for testing.